Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The count down to D day

  Moving through pregnancy at what feels like a snail’s pace you do not realize the change that is about to smack you in the face. It’s a fantastic and amazing change in every aspect but it certainly does smack you in the face. 

  I was 9 months pregnant and counting down my last few days before maternity leave and making daily lists of all the things I wanted to get done before E arrived. It seems easy enough considering I had 2 weeks off until E was due to make her grand entrance. Since everyone more or less promised me I would go over my due date because it was my first baby, I thought 2 weeks+ would be plenty of time to get all of the things done that I didn’t do earlier on in the pregnancy. I learned the hard way. When people tell you to get your house baby ready earlier on in the pregnancy they are telling you for a reason. When you are 8-9 months pregnant and waddling around with that Pregnancy Swag, exhausted from the lack of sleep because your sore in places you did not know existed and baby is having a dance party while your trying to get some shut eye, the last thing you want to do is organize boxes and finally get to that spring cleaning that should have been done.....in the spring.

  Well fast forward to the Friday before my maternity leave starts and my midwife tells me I have high blood pressure and protein in my urine) for the second time in that week. Both of which are symptoms of early Pre-Eclampisa. At this point the midwife tells me that I need to go in for testing at RCH, where we were going to deliver, just to make sure everything is normal. After some testing and a whole lot of waiting and boredom the doctors decided that an induction was the best thing for me and E in order to avoid any more complications. SURPRISE baby is coming in the next few days and you did not do one thing on your list!!! Cue panic and frantic phone calls.


  With the surprising news that I am going to be induced within a matter of hours....I made some frantic phone calls to my hubby to leave work, go home to pick up our baby bag and pack my hospital bag....yes I should have done it a week ago. On top of that I am regretting all those moments where I tried to coax E to come out early because mommy was tired to waddling around and feeling like a whale. Now I am panicking…..am I ready for this? Am I ready to become a mom? Either way it was going to happen and I knew when it did it would be scary as all hell but the love and joy would out way all of the fear.

-Kales<3

No comments:

Post a Comment